User ID
  Password
  Language
  Protocol
 
  
  
About
View Full Text
For Contributors
submit paper
 
 
 
Abstract - Original Article

J Cerebrovasc Endovasc Neurosurg. 2021 23(2): 99-107
The Journal of Cerebrovascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery
      
 
Endovascular management of large and giant intracranial aneurysms: Experience from a tertiary care neurosurgery institute in India
Daljit Singh2, Anita Jagetia2, Arvind K Srivastava2, Hukum Singh2, Anil Kumar1
1Department of Neuro-Surgery, Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS), Jharkhand, India, 2Department of Neuro-Surgery, Govind Ballabh Pant Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (GIPMER), New Delhi, India

Objective: With the development of endovascular technique and devices, large and giant intracranial aneurysms are increasingly being managed by this less invasive method. Here we discuss our experience on managing such aneurysms via endovascular technique. Methods: Retrospective data on 42 patients with large and giant intracranial aneurysms managed by endovascular techniques between September 2015 to December 2017 at our neurosurgery institute were included in this analysis. Results: There were a total 42 patients with 9 giant and 33 large aneurysms in this study. Eight aneurysms were treated by parent vessel occlusion, 22 aneurysms with coils and rest 12 aneurysms were treated with stent assisted coiling. Following the procedure, Raymond class I occlusion was accomplished in 31 (73.8%) patients while class in 9 (21.4%) and class in 2 (4.8%) patients. Overall morbidity and mortality were 9.5% and 14.3% respectively and favorable outcome was seen in 80.9% patients. Significant correlation was observed with clinical outcome and initial neurological status. Conclusions: The study indicates that endovascular intervention is a safe and effective method in managing large and giant intracranial aneurysms with lesser morbidity and mortality. Keywords‌Angiography, Coiling, Endovascular management, Intracranial aneurysms, Large and giant, Stenting
 
Key words : Angiography, Coiling, Endovascular management, Intracranial aneurysms, Large and giant, Stenting
 
 
    
 
 
 

Editorial Office Contact Information
The Journal of Cerebrovascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery (JCEN), Department of Neurosurgery, Wonkwang University
School of Medicine and Hospital, 895, Muwang-ro, Iksan-si, Jeollabuk-do 54538, Korea.
Tel. 82-02-2279-9560, Fax. 82-02-2279-9561, E-mail: editor.jcen@the-jcen.org, Dae-Won Kim
 
This site is available under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 South Korea License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0);
and the PDF can be downloaded freely. By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.